June 30, 2010

Fat Princess

My friend Brian has nagged me plenty about getting a PS3, so when I finally did I figured I'd go ahead and download a multiplayer game so we could play together online. Fat Princess, a favorite of Brian's and one I had been slightly interested in, was that game. I got the game and immediately played some online multi-player. I put together a 3 game win streak, followed immediately by a 3 game losing streak, all of which I blame solely on my teammates, a bunch of strangers from the internet. Fat Princess is basically a 32-player highly advanced game of capture the flag, the flag being your imprisoned princess. It has a cartoonish fantasy setting and loads of humor to boot- one of the main aspects of the game is searching for cake to stuff into the princess's mouth and thus make her more difficult for enemies to carry away. You can change classes on the fly, just by picking up one of the many hats in the game. Want some close combat? Be a warrior, with a sword and lots of health. Range combat? The appropriately-named ranger has a bow and arrow. Upgrade everything with the worker, heal with the priest, cast magic with the mage. A recent DLC pack has introduced even more classes into the fray. Seriously, there's so many classes to master. Brian and I have since gotten another friend to start playing, and with a recent free update that allows up to 4 players on a single console, I'm hopeful that we can get a team full of people we know at some point. But until that, I'll be sure to turn to this game whenever I have a few spare minutes to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment