June 30, 2010

Band of Brothers


I know I haven't posted on this blog in a while. I assure you, this is the first movie, game or book that I have completed since my last post. This is probably the first blu-ray I have watched all the way through in four months. I blame everything and everyone but myself. Anyways, I went into this 10-part series with high expectations. Being an HBO series, I also went in expecting episodes that exceeded an hour in length. I was not disappointed on any front. However, I was surprised about how slowly some of the middle episodes were paced. Still, if you like war movies at all, you will love this series. Interestingly enough, I think David Schwimmer's character is my favorite. I have two other posts so I will stop here.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the slight beef about slow pacing. For me it was early episodes, not the middle ones, that dragged - the two winter episodes were what finally sold me for good on the series - but how awesome was this miniseries? I got Marissa and Sweeney to watch just a half hour or so of the ninth episode on TV the other night and the concentration camp scenes absolutely floored them in ways that all three hours of Schindler's List did not. I'm really looking forward to The Pacific on Blu-ray later this year but doubting it can live up to the precedent set here.

    ReplyDelete