June 1, 2010

Mega Man X4

Mega Man X4 took the series to a new system (the Sony PlayStation) and I was both excited and apprehensive about the transition. I had already played X3 and been put off by all of the differences between it and the original Mega Man X. As I expected, X4 only took the series further away from its roots. Fortunately, the change this time was good. The graphical upgrade didn't turn me off. If anything, I was happy to see the series looking better and playing more smoothly. It was also nice to see that they got rid of the ride armor upgrades that were the face of everything I hated about X3. The coolest thing about this game was that you could play through it either as X or as Zero. As much as I like Zero, I felt I had to be true to the series and play through this game as X. Now, the game seemed a bit easy to me. And I'm not complaining about that, just pointing it out. It turns out, I learned from the Internet that X is supposed to be the character you use if you're a novice player; Zero is reserved for veteran players. Oops! Oh well. Two games are left on the compilation and I just hope they're quick and painless. If they're as easy as this one was, I'm in for a cakewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment