May 19, 2010

The Waste Lands

I'm still not quite sure how to go about writing about books because I don't want to ruin it for people. I'm slowly chugging along with the Dark Tower Series, and The Wastelands has been my favorite so far. It kept me glued to the book almost the entire time. Everything from the reintroduction of a character from the first book to Lud and Gasher to Blaine the Mono and the never-ending riddles, I really enjoyed the book! So far, I'm likening the Dark Tower series to a better LOST. Watching the LOST episode last night, I realized that everything will not tie together like I have been hoping for years. Questions from the first season will not be brought up in the final season. The writers truly don't have a plan. The Dark Tower on the other hand I can see coming together as a really beautiful series. So much of each characters history is based on the past which we are continually learning about, and everything does seem to connect (because it's ka!) So there you go LOST, maybe you should have taken a page out of Stephen King's book taken 20 years to write the show and come out with a solid piece of awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment