May 19, 2010

Arrested Development Season 2



Not to be shown up by Stanvick's apparently insatiable appetite for logging I decided that I would finish up the last couple of episodes in this season and get it posted. I have watched this season two episodes at a time between working long hours and training for a half marathon with Sweeney unlike the last season that I spent long hours on and marathoned in a day or two.
This season slowed down in plot from the first season but what it lacked in a moving plot it really gained in hilarity. The repetitive jokes really seemed to hit a stride for me in the episode "Good Grief" where a series or scenes end in characters walking off with their heads low while the Charlie Brown Christmas music plays in the background. In the background of one if these scenes is a dog sleeping on top of dog house. I laughed at this one scene for a solid five minutes. It is this attention to detail and subtle humor that makes this season better than the first. Not only does Buster refer to his balls as his "Charlie Browns" but later in the season penises are referred to as "Linuses." At this point I care very little about what happens in the third season I just want to see what king of humor they throw at me next. Like a good Douglas Adams novel I say "Boo plot, yay humor!"

No comments:

Post a Comment