May 20, 2010

Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters

First of all, I have to hand it to us. Ten posts in one day? Unreal. My six provided a backbone, Marissa's three threw in some much-needed support in the clutch, and Webber's one gave us that extra little push into the realm of double digits. Round of applause, guys. Round of applause. Okay. Good. So anyway, this was the penultimate game in the much-discussed Mega Man Anniversary Collection and it was nearly identical to the other arcade game in the offering, Mega Man: The Power Battle. This time around, I allowed (forced) my girlfriend to join me for some co-op fun. We decimated the eighteen robot monsters from previous Mega Man games without breaking a sweat. Throughout our struggles, she played as "Duo," some giant robot with a big fist for a gun blaster. She seemed like she had a lot of fun making noises with her mouth as she smashed and pummeled the opposition. Of course, she also seemed pretty bored. And I can't blame her; Mega Man games just ain't that fun in 2010. Thankfully, I have just one left before I can put the compilation disc back on the shelf for good. Of course, then comes the Mega Man X Collection. But that's a whole other beast for an entirely separate weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment