May 3, 2010

April 2010 Recap

First, let me breathe a sigh of relief. Whew. I almost didn't do it. I nearly couldn't live up to my New Years resolutions this month. But I did. I finished more books, games, and DVDs than I purchased, and I maintained my pace of two completions for every purchase. But the results weren't pretty. In March, I lamented that I wasn't very good at stopping myself from new acquisitions. Yet in April, I bought five games, six movies, and seven books. Yikes! Fortunately, my completion numbers were, respectively, seven, ten, and nine. I made a net gain (loss?) of two items in each category. But I could have made so much more! The month of May will be an interesting one. I will be done with all of my finals and papers by the end of the week and will essentially have three weeks of free time to round out the month. However, my birthday also occurs in May and acquisitions will be inevitable. Oh, and I'm already six purchases deep. Oops.

But enough about me. Let's look at the group. We certainly had an impressive April, setting a new monthly record with 50 total loggings. This broke January's record of 48. Incredible. The four newer members of the blog (who are neither Sweeney nor myself) continue to impress me with their dedication. Some more than others, sure, but everyone is still contributing. Here's hoping we can stay strong and make the summer one full of logging. You know, in addition to enjoying the weather. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment