May 19, 2010

Mega Man 4

I wasn't lying when I said I was going to beat Mega Man 4 today. I didn't think I'd be able to beat it tonight, though. I also wasn't lying when I said that the next three games, all on the NES, wouldn't offer me jack squat in terms of new gameplay. Sure, this game introduces the charged mega blaster shot (hold down the "shoot" button to charge a shot - wow!), but everything else about it felt identical to games 2 and 3. Like, everything. Want to see for yourself? Here's the level selection screen from Mega Man 2. Here's the same screen from Mega Man 3. And here's the same screen again from Mega Man 4. I mean, am I even playing different games here? The bottom line with this game is that it's just another one of many in a long, long line of identical and uninspired installments. Whatever. Two more games and I'm out of the NES woods. I can't wait. Can I do it by tonight? I can probably do it by tonight. For now, though? It's bed time. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment