April 2, 2010

Toy Story


Okay, so I finally managed to watch my copy of this. So I've seen this movie like 20 times (including twice this week), and it remains not only my favorite Pixar movie, but also my favorite Disney movie of all time. As great as Lion King, Aladdin and Beauty and Beast are, there is no Disney movie that had a bigger impact (on both my childhood and on how animated movies are made). I always find it interesting to go back and watch childhood movies now that I am much older. They often turn into completely different experiences. Although Toy Story is just as fun and just as memorable, it feels a little different now. I never realized how much of a dick Mr. Potato Head can be. Furthermore, I never realized that Woody is a pretty big dick, too. However, all is forgiven when he lights a rocket (and rockets explode remember). I am pretty excited to rewatch Toy Story 2 (which I have seen decidedly fewer times than 1) and am flat out giddy to see Toy Story 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment