December 12, 2011

Bridesmaids

Helllllo the female version of the Hangover. And no, I don’t just mean it’s a female based comedy. I mean, it’s the way overhyped movie of the year that I didn’t see when it first came out. People hyped up this movie so hard. It was this chick flick looking movie that turned into a comedy hit overnight. Well, I finally saw it after it came out on DVD. And you know what? It wasn’t that awesome! Yes, it was funny. No, it wasn’t anywhere near as funny as people made it out to be. Molly from Mike and Molly, funny but overrated with a small role. The main character with SNL roots? Doesn’t even get to be that funny because she is too busy being depressed / overshadowed the entire time. Helen Harris III? The base of a lot of jokes but mostly because the character was just bitchy / over the top. I enjoyed the movie but I feel the need to rip into it because of how much everyone loved it. The only part I genuinely laughed out loud during? The bridesmaid dress scene in the bathroom.

3 comments:

  1. Shit jokes are something everyone can enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie felt like am movie about women, written by men. Not impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet it was written by women. So, gender equality? Have we now proven that women understand women about as well as men do?

    ReplyDelete