April 13, 2010

Katamari Damacy

Have you ever found yourself rolling up a snowball in the winter with no real purpose other than seeing how big you can make it? If so, you've played real life Katamari Damacy. In this game, you start with a very small ball and roll around collecting objects and items. They stick to you, expanding the size of your ball ("katamari"), and the bigger you get, the bigger the items that you can collect. Such a simple and novel concept, and yet, so much fun. I was worried that playing through the whole story would get old. I mean, come on, it's the same thing over and over again. Fortunately, the game was short enough to leave me very amused for the entirety of the game - a length of time, by the way, which is really only 3 or 4 hours. And you know me - I'll never complain about a game being "too short" when my backlog is this long. The game was amusing and fun enough for me to consider picking up its sequel, We Love Katamari. The Xbox 360 installment, Beautiful Katamari, is pretty damn hard to find. (Sorry, Marissa.) But yeah - play any of the aforementioned games if you get a chance. They're ridiculously simple and yet so very fun to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment