August 10, 2011

Parks and Recreation Season 1

What to say about Parks and Rec? I had seen episodes of this show during season one and two, and my only defining thought was "man Amy Poehler is annoying". I had a preconceived notion / hatred of her from SNL so this is probably why I thought that. Steve promised me during season 3, that Amy Poehler was really tuned down and by virtue of moving in with a person who watches this ever week, I eventually saw more episodes. And ya know what? I liked it! The characters are funny and adorable, including DJ Roomba. So I gave it a shot and started with season 1.

Because I had seen some of this before, I was really waiting for the characters that I knew and loved from the episodes of season three I saw. Like sweet Ann, her and Leslie aren't even friends at the beginning of season 1. But they're like besties now! Anywho, this show is very good. Ron Swanson is great. April is funny in her own way. Tom (Aziz) is great. And Leslie really grew on me. I don't like Mark because I love Ben, but hey, shit happens. Also, Louie CK makes a guest appearance, and he's adorable! Yes, adorable!

Overall, I would recommend this show to anyone. It's an easy watch. And you get to hear a song about a pit.

2 comments:

  1. DJ Roomba and Louis C.K. both show up in Season 2. Speaking of which, wanna go watch some Season 2?

    ReplyDelete