April 1, 2010

March 2010 Recap

It was a month of "two steps forward, one step backward" for me; I completed 8 books, 9 movies or TV seasons, and 5 games, but purchased or acquired 3, 7, and 4 new ones respectively. That gives me an overall progress of 5 books (good), 2 movies and shows (not great), and 1 game (terrible). April looks to be a busy, busy month for me, and the key to my logging success won't necessarily be how many things I can finish, but how few I can acquire. Well, I can assure you that I'm already off to a terrible start; April 1st isn't even over yet, and already I've gone out and gotten a new book. Ugh.

Let's look around the league. All five of my companions made at least one post this month, and that's fantastic. But I'd be remiss not to point out some differences in effort. Trevor graced us with his presence just once this month. Webber did the same, but Webber's one post was worth five separate books. (I still don't see why he did that to himself - or the rest of us.) Marissa logged three items: a book, a TV season, and a DVD. Sweeney managed to knock five books (nice) and one game (meh) out of his backlog. But the logger of the month was Keith, who managed to beat all three God of War games and four others on his PSP.

Once again, the month started off with a crawl and ended with a fury. I think some of us can sense the end of the month approaching and jump right into overdrive. Will April be the third straight month in which we get nothing done for several single-digit dates? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment