April 2, 2010

Lumines Supernova


With the success of both Lumines and Lumines 2 on the PSP came the release of Lumines Supernova on the Playstation Network. This game seems to basically be a compilation of everything from Lumines and Lumines 2 and while that makes for lots of bang for my buck (considering it was only $10), it also does little to motivate me to play this. The novelty that I am playing it on my PS3 and not my PSP wore off pretty quickly. In fact, I have to say this game is more satisfying as a handheld game. Still, the formula is as addictive as ever. I turned my PS3 on at like 10 am this morning and did not stop until about 10 minutes ago, when I was finally able to complete the last hard puzzle. There are plenty of modes to this game, but the Puzzle mode seems to be the only one with a finite number of levels, and as such, is the only mode I consider when deciding whether or not the game is beaten. This time around, I still had to make the giraffes and alligators, but I also got to make fountains and tulips (I love tulips). I spent the last half of this game frustrated, and as such, do not plan on playing a Lumines game for some years. Still, if you are looking for a distraction, this is about as good as you are going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment