April 3, 2010

Toy Story 2


Toy Story 2 gets a bad rap. I often hear people talk about how this did not live up to the original. I wholeheartedly disagree. Although it borrowed a lot from the original (just replace RC with Bullseye and the ending action sequences are quite similar), it brought plenty of new to the table. Mr. Potatohead has mellowed out now that he has a Mrs. We are also introduced to other new characters like Jesse, Prospector, the aforementioned Bullseye and Mrs. Potatohead, Weazy, and Buster. Although Jesse gets on my nerves, the awesomeness of Buster and Weazy more than make up for it. I love to think that my toys used to pet/ride my dog when I was not around. The one odd thing about this movie is that although Randy Newman was again in charge of music and lyrics, he did none of the singing. If only he had (besides the Woody's Roundup theme of course), perhaps this movie would have been just as memorable for me as a kid. I dunno, fuck it. There's still Buzz. There's still Woody. There's still Rex. There's still Ham. Can't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment