April 20, 2010

Halo 3

I've played the Halo series in the following order: 2, ODST, 1, 3, and I feel like I went from the worst to the best. The first three I played didn't do much for me, but steadily improved in quality, but I can definitely say Halo 3 blew the rest out of the water. It's not even close. Gone are the lengthy generic levels of same-ness that vaguely resemble fun missions. Halo 3 had fantastic levels and most of the time there was something else to do besides shoot everything. The environments were dynamic and provided plenty of "holy shit!" moments. I honestly can't remember a single complaint I had about this game. I guess the plot was still slightly confusing, but it was much less vague this time around. In the first games I had played, a level would start up in some new place and I'd have no idea why, but in Halo 3 I knew what the objective of each level was before it started- that's good! Basically, I'm glad I saved this one for last, because now I can look back on the Halo franchise as a whole and remember its single-player fondly, instead of being bored to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment