August 1, 2014

Today We Are Five

Milestones have a way of sneaking up on people only to leave all kinds of artificial significance in their wake. Today this blog is five years old. And while five years isn't really much more than four years and eleven months, it seems like we have now crossed the threshold between a little hobby we've been doing for a few years and a passion project we've been doing for a significant portion of our lives.

I have no idea how long we'll keep this up - even for summertime, the blog's been awfully slow lately - but I've enjoyed the last five years a lot, just sharing my thoughts on books, movies, and games with you guys under the shared illusion of goal-oriented entertainment. Here's to all the time we've spent here for the last half-decade, and here's to many more posts, comments, and shared opinions.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah - and I have 52 books, 11 movies, 10 TV sets, and 72 video games remaining. I do not think I am on pace to finish off the backlog in this lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a long, strange trip it's been. I wonder if I'll ever read/finish Ulysses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stan, you need to start focusing on those XBOX games.

    ReplyDelete