February 24, 2013

You Got Served


If you know me, you know I have a weakness for over the top action movies and movies that feature a dance crew. Well this falls into the latter category. It's one of the first dance movies to hop onto the scene. It's about a young dance crew who, of course, encounter trouble and hardship. Can they overcome their differences to beat the privileged white kid group in the ultimate dance battle to win 50K and a spot in Lil Kim's music video? You'll have to watch to find out.

Some thoughts on this movie
1. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. The dancing wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be.
2. They do ridiculous things like slow mo kisses and the camera bouncing when people land sweet dance moves
3. My FAVORITE Step Up character from Step Up 2 (also in She's the Man) is the co-leader of the other crew. So this movies gains a lot of props in my book.
4. There is a character named Beautifull. With 2 L's.
5. I like Step Up better. SO THERE. YOU GOT SERVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment