February 24, 2013

Peter Pan


Why I bought it: Danielle bought it for me for Valentine's Day. I am beginning to realize I get a lot of movies as gifts so perhaps I should rename this section. Also, perhaps I do not have as big of a movie-buying problem as I first thought.

Thoughts: Holy shit, Peter Pan sucks... maybe not the movie, but definitely the character. He is a pompous little shit who doesn't want to let anyone else grow up. He plays with the hearts of Wendy, Tiger Lilly, all the Mermaids and Tinker Bell. Don't get me started on Tinker Bell. What a cunt. She literally tried to have Wendy killed by the Lost Boys. Also, the Lost Boys? The fuck is wrong with them? Dressed as a skunk? A rabbit? Why? I can honestly say that I would've hated this experience if it wasn't for the fact that I loved Peter Pan as a kid. Yes, it was a hugely nostalgic experience, but the only part of this movie I actually enjoyed was before the titular character was even introduced. I do like Wendy, John and Michael if only because the two boys remind me of Simon and Theodore (brothers of Alvin). I dunno why this movie disappointed me so much, but I am thinking it has to do with how much worse it is than newer animated Disney movies like Aladdin and Lion King.

Should I have bought it: Yeah, so my kids can hate it too.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you were able to find so much fault with Peter Pan without even touching all of the Native American racism so many people point to. Looks like this one's a stinker for all kinds of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When's the last time you have seen it? Yes, they call the Native Americans "Red Men", but the way the Lost Boys are depicted is far more offensive to white people.

    ReplyDelete