February 9, 2013

The Fellowship of the Ring


What up blizzard! After shoveling for four hours today and piling snow 8 feet high, I plopped down to watch a movie and Steve promptly fell alseep. I have been itching to re-watch the LOTR since I first saw it a couple of years ago, and that interest got even more so when Keith got me the trilogy on Bluray for Christmas (Thanks Keith).

These movies are awesome! I really like the first movie. I think it's some people's least favorite, but I think it's real interesting to meet all the characters and it's loaded with adventure. And scary Nazgul. Creepy! I love this movie!

On a different note, I get a little annoyed when I'm watching these movies because JK Rowling so clearly took some large plot points and character traits for Harry Potter. Harry is clearly Frodo. Always succeeding because of his friends around him and mostly successful because of his own stubborn headed courage. A ring that's possessed by a dark lord? Sounds a bit like a locket possessed by a different dark lord. Dumbledore is clearllllly Gandalf. But way less awesome.

Lovely movie and I can't wait to watch the second two!

No comments:

Post a Comment