March 31, 2010

Toy Story 2


Y'all had to know this was coming sooner than later. Instead of doing homework tonight, I sat down and watched this ninety-minute movie. (On Blu-ray!) As with its predecessor, I'm sure there's not much I can really reflect about here; I've seen the movie three times now, and I doubt anyone out there has yet to see it. Firstly, if you are in fact someone who has not seen it, see it. It's a worthy sequel to a historic and classic film. In comparing the two films, I have to say, there's a lot to like about Toy Story 2. Andy's toys are working as a united team in this installment instead of bickering with each other for the entire movie, and I thought that was pretty cool. It also dealt with some slightly more mature themes than the first flick. The toys' own mortalities are sensed for the first time as we witness kids growing up - and disinterested in childhood playthings - from new perspectives. I suppose when all is said and done, the first Toy Story is more memorable and historically relevant, and thus could be considered the better movie. Still, this isn't just a cheap money-grabbing sequel; it's a very decent movie in its own right and it expands upon the concept of a "toy universe" that was only briefly laid out in the first one. I still have plenty of anticipation for Toy Story 3 this summer, and if it's as good as the first two I'll be totally satisfied with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment