August 22, 2018

The Bold Type: Season 2


A show about three millennial girls working for a magazine, The Bold Type was a show I didn't expect whatsoever in 2017. That I made it through another whole season in 2018 is just as surprising. Superficially, this just feels like a show it would be so, so easy not to watch for ten hours a year. And yet here I am, writing once again about this infectious little story of female friendship and New York twentysomething lifestyles.

It's... good? It's good enough. It's fine. Episodes in this second season took on distinctly "after-school special" vibes, with individual weekly storylines dedicated to issues like guns, drinking problems, unemployment, open relationships, and white privilege. Apparently some people didn't care for this, but if anything I kind of liked it. I mean let's treat this show like the ABC Family schlock that it is, right? Make this overt and preachy and easy-breezy viewing, please and thank you!

Yeah, I'll be back next year for Season 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment