January 17, 2010

Frost Nixon



Another Netflix addition from me. I saw this and hadn't heard anything about it so I decided to give it a shot. I have no idea of the history behind the events of the Watergate scandal other than the fact that now any political wrong doing is immediately given the suffix gate as a result. Historical accuracy was not what impressed me with this movie, mostly because I can't be sure that any part of it is actually accurate. What did impress me with this movie was the way in which Nixon, the only man in history to surrender the presidency, was portrayed. Unlike the movie "W" that portrayed Bush as an alcoholic idiot of a president, this movie portrayed Nixon as a person. Emotions were given to the historical events and at the end the viewer got the impression that Nixon was a flawed person but not an evil genius. In this movie Nixon's trial appeared instead of a witch hunt to be a fair trial. Overall I really enjoyed this movie and I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment