January 4, 2010

Black Hawk Down


Inspired by the pair of Modern Warfare games I've played this break, I decided to watch this "modern warfare" movie. Perhaps I should have waited. The movie itself wasn't bad, but coming fresh on the heels of two action-packed and absurdly over-the-top video games, it was comparably slow and boring. I have great respect for the fact that it's a true story. I almost feel like a prick for calling it "comparably boring" - real men died in this real event, and for a real purpose. But a movie is a movie, and this one just didn't blow me away. I can't fully blame Black Hawk Down for this though, as I was both tired and distracted when I sat down to watch it last night. In fact, I'll even put this movie on my short list of "movies I need to give another chance to once I am done clearing out the rest of my backlog." The only other movie in there right now is Lost in Translation, a movie entirely based on conversation and dialogue that I watched on a very low volume and could not hear half of.

No comments:

Post a Comment