January 19, 2010

Transporter 3

This may have been the best of the three Transporter movies. It was not as boring as the first one and did not insult my intelligence as much as the second one. Still, overall, it was yet another typical PG-13 action movie. The only thing notable about this one was that T-Bag from Prison Break played the main villain. Of course, he didn't use T-Bag's Southern gentleman accent so it was hard to tell that it was him at first. Overall, I'd have to call the Transporter trilogy a big bust. I bought these movies for my girlfriend for Christmas (along with Shoot 'Em Up and the Crank films) because she loves over-the-top action movies. She didn't want any of them and since I bought them from various places I opted to keep them myself over returning them. We ended up settling my "debt" when she also returned a pair of boots I had bought her and upgraded to a more expensive pair of boots. The lesson here? Don't buy my girlfriend something and expect her to keep it. Now, the Cranks and Shoot 'Em Up were very much her loss. But I can't blame her at all in hindsight for not wanting the Transporter films. She watched the first one with me, and while she didn't speak ill of it when we were done, there was clearly no desire on her part to see the next two. Anyway, the completion of this film makes me capable of counting the movies (not TV seasons, but movies) remaining in my backlog on just one hand. Not bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment