January 19, 2010

Catching Fire



As I mentioned in my post earlier this week I picked up a book in the middle school that instantly grabbed my attention. I managed to finish the first book in just over a day and when I was finished I bit into the second book. Not knowing the length of the series I hoped that it would end with two books and at worst be only three. My worst fears were confirmed when I reached the end of the book to find that the story did not end there. To make matters worse when I looked online to find the name of the third book I was saddened to find that the third book is unpublished and still untitled. Fortunately, the book is scheduled to be released this year, specifically in August. This wait is shorter than I could have hoped for. At least the book will be out this year and with no delays I can have it read before summer's end. Catching Fire, book two of the Hunger Games series, picks up where the first book left off. The plot thickens and the odds against the main character become even more dire. Like Lost, this book ends with many questions unanswered and the future of many characters hanging in the balance. So much going on and so little patience on my part. I don't know what I will do to fill the void.

No comments:

Post a Comment