January 16, 2014

Super Smash Bros. Brawl


So if I'm being honest, I do not technically own a copy of this game. I finally the game to run from a flash drive. Moreover, I finally got it to run Project M, the version that we will be playing in our tournament on February 1st. It tooks me hours to get Project M to work on a pirated copy of the game. Anyway, first I'll take on Project M. From what I can tell, it's a version of Brawl that tweaks gameplay to more closely resemble Melee. AWESOME. I loved Melee. Not as much as some of you other people, but enough. But you guys love it so much that I think I've watched more Melee than I've played any other game in my life. Seriously. Anyway, back to Project M. They've added back Marth and Mewtwo as well as added additional stages and skins for all the characters. My skin of choice is Dry Bones Bowser. Bowser is back to his Melee self and he just brings the fucking pain. This guy is a KO machine. He also dies a lot because he is such a big target. Anyway, after playing a few matches against computer opponents, I jumped into story "Classic" mode in which you just fight some people and then fight the giant hand. That giant hand is a bitch when you are a big target like Bowser, but I just took the punishment and dealt out more of my own. Bottom line, Project M brings new life into this game while we wait for the new Smash Brothers. It does not, however, alter single player in any way other than gameplay and therefore I consider Brawl beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment