January 18, 2014

DecapAttack


Somewhat shockingly, I'm already one third finished with the Genesis project. And while I definitely have some fatigue - hell, I started the project fatigued - I'm cautiously optimistic about what lies ahead. Even without the eight Sonic games included in this collection - games I'm starting to realize truly were, far and away, the cream of the Genesis crop - I've still got titles left like Ecco, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and Virtua Fighter. It's not that I'm banking on those games being good; it's just that I've at least heard of them, which is more than I can say for literally any game beaten in the Genesis project so far.

But in addition to setting myself up for disappointment, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's talk about DecapAttack. It's one of the better platformers I've played so far, in which you are a headless monster. You can find heads here and there, and you use them as projectile weapons, and I'm starting to realize just now as I'm typing this that that's where the game's name comes from. You decapitate yourself and attack enemies with your own head. How cool is that?

Arrow Flash
Alien Storm
DecapAttack
Comix Zone
Chakan: The Forever Man
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Columns III
Columns
Crack Down
Altered Beast
Bonanza Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment