July 10, 2010

Shaun of the Dead


So, after being urged to watch this by some fellow bloggers, I decided to pop it in to the PS3. Compared to Hot Fuzz? Night and day. Although I had seen this once like 6 years ago, it was with some really annoying people in Davis, so I don't think I gave it a fair shake. However, after being able to enjoy it in the comfort of my own home without the annoyance of anyone trying to talk to me, I have to admit that this is one of the better movies I've seen in a while. While I did not understand some of the humor or some of the dialogue (I'm not British), I still could appreciate a good movie. Not only was this a good hilarious movie, it was a good Zombie movie in its own right. I think that's what was missing from Hot Fuzz. It never really established itself as a good action movie. Also, there were a lot of jokes in this one that were revisited in Hot Fuzz. Perhaps if I watched these movies in the right order, I would have appreciated Hot Fuzz more. Still, that just speaks poorly of Hot Fuzz.

Okay, sorry for ripping Hot Fuzz again. Back to the movie at hand. Everything about Shaun of the Dead was either awesome or funny. Every character was awesome in his or her own right. My favorite character was definitely the douchebag pussy with glasses. He wanted to bang Simon Pegg's girlfriend and spoiler, he got his. Whatever, I'm sure you have all seen it. If not, see it. I will definitely be watching this movie again sometime. I am happy to have it in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Did you appreciate that they played a lot of TS2? Maybe that was what made this movie so much better than Hot Fuzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciated that fact. I want to go back to the time in which we were both trying to 100% that game.

    ReplyDelete