July 9, 2010

Mad Men Season 2


I'm at work, and it's Friday afternoon. My lab work is done, and I have not data to analyze. What the hell else am I supposed to do?

So I have been making my way through Mad Men for the fourth season starting on July 25th. I was told coming into season two, that it was the worst of the three. I agree (so far) with that opinion, but I don't think it was bad.

It was slow from the start. There were some pretty cool things happening at the end of season 1, and they jumped ahead a year and a half and glazed over many of the things until later episodes.

The season did pick up after that though. With the addition of Colin Hanks as a priest, we learned some more about Peggy and her family. Roger Sterling goes through some major family changes. Don Draper is, surprise, still cheating on his wife. Joan gets some more face time in this season which I appreciate because she is a good character. In general, there wasn't enough focus on the other guys at the office though.

Overall though, good stuff. Kinda boring ending. Off to season 3!

On a side note, I feel like I had something else to write about. Does anyone know what it is?

2 comments:

  1. Good job me! I posted only a few days after finishing the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahah I am commenting on my own post. Now it looks like it's really interesting.

    ReplyDelete