August 31, 2011

Community Season 1



Thursday television for me was mainly The Office. Some shows (ex. Lost, SYTCYD) were / are on this night from one time to another, but that's about it for me. It is always a busy night for Steve though. From Parks an Rec through the likes of It’s Always Sunny, he basically watches TV all night. I catch a few of the shows here and there, and the two he most highly recommends and I watched the most were Parks and Rec and Community. I recently watched Parks and Rec Season 1 and really enjoyed it, so right after I watched Community. For some reason, I went into it thinking I would not like it as much as Parks and Rec (despite loving the few episodes I saw of Season 2). Turns out, I was wrong.


I really really liked Community. When I didn’t follow this show, every time I watched it, I was like “oh that’s the Soup guy, he’s annoying”. Now he’s Jeff, and I’m completely on board with his character. I always called Annie, Trudy. Now she’s only Annie. I always liked Abed. He’s fabulous. This show isn't “obviously” funny. The jokes are subtle and sarcastic, but I think this only makes the show better. The pop culture references are spot on, and the supporting characters like the Dean and Senor Chang only add to the show. I still am not completely on board with Chevy Chase, but oh well. There’s season 2 for that. Pierce is a B.

3 comments:

  1. It's tough to get on board with Chevy. Pierce is a B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you liked about Season 1, you'll love even more about Season 2. We could even say, it will 'Chang' your mind about everything.

    ReplyDelete