August 21, 2011

Step Up 3

I am drawn to crappy action movies like it's my job. Bad Boys II? Awesome. Transformers? My favorite. GI Joe? So great. There is something about the Step Up movies that warms the cockles of my heart. (Disclaimer: I do not know what the cockle of my heart is.) I loved Step Up 1. I loved Step Up 2 even more. And here comes Step Up 3. Claiming to be the best of them all. Well lemme tell you, it was great.

I was trying to decide why I loved these movies, and I think it's because they are so simply predictable. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl love to dance. Boy and girl bond over dance. Boy and girl encounter a hitch in their ultimate dancing plan. Cue sad montage of pouty faces and lonely stares. Enter resolution. Joyful reuniting. Epic dance finish. Scatter the entire movie with some hilarious one liners and awesome dance steps, you have the recipe for an awesome freaking movie. And Step Up 3D didn't disappoint. If any of the above plot line interests you, I would highly recommend it. Because you know what? It's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. "Don't sweat, they just hatin' on you cause you're dope!"

    ReplyDelete