March 31, 2014

Triple H: Thy Kingdom Come

It's Wrestlemania time and I'm on a real wrestling kick. I heard good things about this documentary so I sought it out. I love wrestling documentaries. They are just a lot more enjoyable to me than to go back and watch old matches from a wrestler's career (most wrestling dvds are just compilations of matches rather than documentaries). Watching wrestlers from the past and present talk about someone's career is something of which I will never get sick. It's a little tough for me to not watch one about Triple H with a cynical eye, however, because he is now married into the McMahon family and everyone is going to put a positive spin on anything they say about him. Some interesting aspects of Triple H that I've never really seen discussed before:

The beginnings of his relationship with Stephanie McMahon and how the locker room initially reacted.

His relationship with Undertaker.

His dealings with Eric Bischoff.

His upbringing in Nashua, NH (his parents are pretty weird).

Anyway, this isn't the greatest documentary in the world, but it's pretty interesting to me. It certainly gave me a bit more respect for Triple H. It's easy to forget how much hard work and motivation it takes to get to the top of any business, especially one as difficult as professional wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment