March 16, 2014

Heat

Heat was pretty critically acclaimed, and yet I have little acclaim for it at all. Yeah, just like Stan's post on the action-packed Bourne movies, this was just uninteresting background stuff for me. Pacino and De Niro turn in solid performances although I didn't quite get the feeling that this was two legends of acting at the top of their game in the same movie. I mean, you've got a cop with family problems chasing after a career criminal looking for one last big score. The plot doesn't really have any wild twists and turns or anything and while some scenes built up a nice bit of cat-and-mouse tension, there was little aside from the reunion of Pacino and De Niro to keep me interested here.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I saw this too about ten years ago and will repeat your take which referenced my Bourne trilogy take.

    ReplyDelete