March 13, 2014

Castle Crashers


This was one of four PSN games I bought about a month ago on the cheap. (Eighteen bucks for all four.) It's a fairly well-received four-player hack-and-slash. I beat it in two sessions with Stevie, with the second and shorter session coming last night.

It was... fairly mindless, simple, and not quite funny or unique enough to justify the time spent playing it. This was a real button-masher in every sense of the word, complete with like twenty different characters who didn't even have different base stats. It wasn't broken or even definitively bad, and I've played plenty of more boring, more difficult, and less enjoyable games. Still, there's just no replay value here, and even co-op with a buddy couldn't make this a worthwhile purchase. I suppose maybe if two more friends had joined in the fun and we'd taken advantage of the four-player potential, the chaos and insanity could have made this better. Alas, I only have so many friends, and only one who likes to come over on weeknights to play video games.

By the way, this is eight straight days with a post for me, which could possibly be a Back-Blogged record. Can I DiMaggio my way into, nay, through the upcoming weekend? (Probably not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment