March 16, 2014

The Bourne Ultimatum


I think if I'm being honest with myself, I need to admit that these types of movies just plain bore me. It's ironic, really, that action movies can leave me so untitilated, but here we are. Shaky jerky cameras, screeching tire car chases, glass shattering, bullets whizzing around, tension-tightening music with dramatic effect thumping bass - it's all just so mundane to me. I have little doubt that the Bourne movies have earned their reputation as phenomenal action thrillers, but I just couldn't find it in me to give enough of a shit to even follow a basic plot thread here beyond the first half of the first movie. These movies haven't made me laugh, haven't made me cry, haven't surprised me, and haven't even made me think at all. They've elicited virtually no reaction at all from me, really. Some of the action sequences were pretty cool, but absent anything else redeeming, I just can't muster up a positive reaction here. Oh well. No loss of respect for Matt Damon here or anything, but these Bourne movies have been little more to me than violent background noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment