March 29, 2014

Gathering Blue


Marissa and Keith both read this one last year, and I've got little else to add. It's a spiritual sequel to The Giver, and two more remain. This is my first foray into young adult fiction since reading Little House on the Prairie in September of 2012 - that's a year and a half ago! Not a bad rut to fall into after I spent so many early Back-Blogged posts lamenting how shitty children's literature was and how much of it I had left in my backlog.

Anyway, I've got little to say here; I'm guessing the tetralogy taken as a whole will feel greater than the sum of its parts, but that's not to say Gathering Blue was an uninteresting or worthless read on its own. Still, there's so much young adult dystopian fiction these days that I can't imagine this one is particularly special in any way. Time will tell; I'm sure I'll finish off these next two books in little to no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment