December 21, 2017

Mr. Robot: Season 3


Listen. I'm shocked - shocked! - that I'm posting about the third season of Mr. Robot aside from underneath a big old "BAIL!" heading, but here I am. Mr. Robot was actually maybe better than ever before this season, and the fifth episode of the season was one of my favorites of any show this year. (It's an action-packed one-take, entirely commercial-free, that transitions between two points of view and goes up and down multiple staircases and elevators.) I don't want to oversell this thing - it's only a USA drama, after all - but if you swore the show off after the first two seasons felt like convoluted messes more worried about supplying twists than a compelling story, I mean, so did I, and yet here I am, promising you that Mr. Robot is good again, or maybe for the first time ever, or at least that it feels confident and comfortable here in Season 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment