February 5, 2014

New Super Mario Bros. 2


Bottom line, this game just wasn't all that different from the first New Super Mario Bros. on DS, nor from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. And I can't imagine it's much different from New Super Mario Bros. U or that game's spinoff, New Super Luigi U, either. I can't complain about the overall state of Super Mario games; Galaxy was fantastic, and I imagine its sequel - still in my backlog - was too. And I greatly enjoyed Super Mario 3D Land and expect to love 3D World as well. No, it's not that the Mario frnachise has grown lazy, but it does seem like Nintendo is all too willing to keep on revisiting this "New" strain every year or two.

There was nothing wrong with this game at all. It was super quick, but plenty enjoyable. Still, if you're looking for some Super Mario on the 3DS, under every single possible circumstance you should check out 3D Land first.

Admittedly, the gimmick here - coins, coins, coins! - was pretty easy to enjoy. I had fifty-four lives before I died for the first time. I'll likely keep poking away at this one for a little while, trying all the levels I can unlock without worrying about 100% completion or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment