February 15, 2014

Killzone Shadow Fall

I was forced to buy a bundle when I got my PS4. Killzone Shadow Fall was bundled in. I used to love all first-person shooters. However, I've grown tired of all of them except Halo. And that really only applies to multiplayer. Still, I like it better than a lot of FPSs I've played, but that's not saying much. Anyway, this game plays like a standard FPS that doesn't do anything new or exciting. It all felt so familiar. Also, this game was praised by reviewers as not holding your hand as much as other FPSs. For me, that translated into me never knowing where the fuck I was going. Which sucked, especially because the collision detection wasn't always working right so I would run into random rocks all the time. It didn't help that I played this game so sporadically and forgot all of my abilities over and over. Did I mention that I had a robot buddy who could do a lot of things like break shields? The problem is that I had to use the touch pad, which I did not enjoy. With that being said, it's the best looking game I've ever seen. The sound is incredible to boot. I think back at how the launch games for last generation looked and played and compare them to what we have now for new games coming out for PS3 and XBOX 360 and I get excited for what is to come. Still, all the shine in the world won't make a boring game better. I could tolerate this thing because it was so pretty to look at it and it was perfectly serviceable. Still, I would never recommend getting a PS4 just so you could play this. So boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment