January 22, 2012

Catching Fire



A little weird that I just read a series with the second book called The Girl Who Played With Fire. Anywho, this was the second book in The Hunger Games series. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this book. Catnip is all whiny and angsty about Peeta. Apparently there are rebellions going on. And (SPOILER) surprise! they have to go back in to the games. Like, I think this is crap. The Hunger Games were really interesting in the first book, but I was hoping for something different in the second. The ray of hope in this Quarter Quell Hunger Games is the new characters. The Quarter Quell is filled with past victors. So we get to meet Finnick, Beetee, Mags, Johanna, and some others. The actual Hunger Games are pretty inventive with a clock like island with different terrors at each hour. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger, and I am looking forward to the third book for that reason. The book was still a quick read, but not quite as unique or exciting as the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment