February 1, 2011

Taken


First of all, I want to thank Keith for giving me his duplicate copy of this movie a month ago for basically no reason. So kind and generous of you, Keith! Second of all, wow. This was a fucking awesome movie. Liam Neeson's character more or less matched Denzel Washington's from Man On Fire when it came to being a retired professional badass in search of a kidnapped young girl. But unlike Man On Fire, Taken doesn't take an hour to get the ball rolling. It just sets up the barebones backstory and within like ten minutes becomes nothing but action. I can't say that Taken was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, because it's "only" a straightforward action flick. However, it manages to do what it sets out to do, which is nothing more than entertain you for a solid ninety minutes. I totally recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment