February 28, 2011

Along Came a Spider


So, I have to apologize. I've been a bad bad back blogged member. I have not posted since the beginning of January because I'm awful! I had a few things to post in January but I got so caught up with the big move, that I forgot. Then I just neglected it because, well, I'm awful!

Ok. James Patterson. Murder mystery writer. (Side note! He also writes Maximum Ride. Yea I'm talking to you Sweeney) He comes out with a book probably once or twice a year. Some of his best books are from his Alex Cross series. It's a bunch of different murder mysteries following this one DC cop, Alex Cross. He's a widower with two children who lives with his nana. He's a pretty likeable character. He also has this best friend Sampson who sounds like a ton of fun.

I have read various Alex Cross books and decided I wanted to read them all in order. This is the first Cross novel. It follows him as he searches for a killer who kidnapped two famous children. The killers name is Gary Soneji, one I recognized from many of his books. Soneji eludes Cross for the majority of the book but then is caught which is very out of character. He plays the psycho card and plays it well, but he eventually sentenced to jail time. To Cross' dismay, in the last chapter of the book, he finds out Soneji escapes from prison. Soneji makes a visit to Cross' house at night and almost kidnaps his children. Gasp! I feel like the relationship between these two will span multiple books!

Oh PS. I liked this book.

1 comment:

  1. You are the worst blogger ever. I guess we'll see you again on March 31st.

    ReplyDelete