February 1, 2011

January 2011 Recap

So that was a pretty productive month for Back-Blogged. We logged 41 items collectively, tying us for third-best month ever with August '09 behind April '10 (50) and January '10 (48). It was the first time we've exceeded 30 posts since August '10. It was the first month in which each member made multiple posts since there were only four members of the blog. And we did all of this despite having some extremely busy months. Marissa and I found, furnished, and moved into a new apartment. Sweeney began a new job and had plenty of traveling and paperwork to do. Keith's job had him entering "busy" season, and even in non-busy season Keith was working like fifty or sixty hours a week. And I'm sure Webber, Brian, and Trevor had stuff going on too.

For my own part, I read two books, watched four seasons of television, saw thirteen movies, and beat a pair of video games. I still had several acquisitions, however, reducing my overall progress to ten on the month. I'm sure that will change going forward, though; in my new place, I can't even find space for the contents of my backlog. When it comes to specific goals, I went three for four, failing to beat (or even touch) Ico. Damn. Last month I said my 2011 goal was to halve my backlog totals, an effort that would require me to achieve a net progress of eighty-five between 12/31/10 and 12/31/11. That's seven per month. So I am indeed on pace to halve my backlog totals by 2012, not taking into consideration the varied lengths of different projects, of course.

February is a short month and so I will try to keep my specific goals light:
  • The Boondocks: Season 3
  • Firefly
  • Maus I
  • Maus II
  • UmJammer Lammy
  • Ico
That's two TV seasons, two graphic novels (or at least two separate parts of the same graphic novel which I'll be treating as two separate items), and two video games. Look, if I can't beat Ico this month, it probably means I should just post a gray-scale image of its cover with a big old "Failed" stamp across the cover art. Except that I would never do that. Ahem. Anyway, what are everyone else's goals for Black History Month?

2 comments:

  1. Oh damn, didn't know you already had Maus. No way can I get to that now, not for a while. Infinite Jest and FF5 are the big ones for me, and then we'll see how much time is left in the month. I should really break from the final fantasy series for a few months once that's done, it is just killing my progress. I expect Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and LittleBigPlanet after that, but who knows when I'll finish them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And woah, didn't even see Umjammer Lammy in there. Assuming you've played PaRappa already, I must say the guitar makes way more sense than rapping. The songs to me were just as catchy and funny. I think it just seemed to be a bit more aimed for girls, so it never got nearly as popular as the rapping dog. Also it's beatable quick, so it's got that.

    ReplyDelete