September 14, 2013

Dexter The Second Season


Dexter is a strange show to me. It's not quite good enough to really stand out amongst other shows on premium cable television, but it's not as bad as I was expecting. In fact, through five seasons, I find it pretty enjoyable. But it's just kinda there. It's not profound and it doesn't do anything I haven't seen before other than its serial killer of serial killers gimmick. The writing isn't as strong as I was hoping, but the detective aspect of the show makes it pretty watchable. Season 2 is weird in that I feel like it jumped the gun on a few storylines. After seeing season 1, I penciled this storyline in for season 4 or 5 in my head. My favorite character other than Dexter, the only guy who is at all suspicious of Dexter vs. Dexter. This show has a pattern of having one serial killer as the focus of the season, but Dexter was the serial killer of focus this season. Again, this should have been one of the last seasons, not one of the first.

Anyway, this is one of the better seasons of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment