September 28, 2013

Dexter The Seventh Season


I admit it. By the time I got to this season, I just wanted to get to the series finale. I get a bit obsessive when it comes to shows and I can watch them at a pretty good clip. Just ask Danielle as I ignored her for a long time. Hannah McKay was introduced in this season and man is she a shitty character. The relationship between Dexter and Debra is explored and that thing takes a turn for the shitty as well. It wasn't a bad season and I loved the finale, but it really set up season 8 to suck. This season didn't really take advantage of the season 6 finale like I thought it would. At this point, I pretty much hate every character in the show. There are a lot of things that piss me off, but I do not feel like I should be spoiling anything for anyone except maybe Webber. Anyway, after finishing season 8, I can safely say that Dexter lived up to my admittedly tempered expectations, but that the series finale is about as unsatisfying as Lost's.

3 comments:

  1. I stopped watching this show after the second season. Is there any reason to jump back into it? I hear John Lithgow's season is amazing... but there's little praise beyond that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that if Dexter couldn't hold your attention after the second season then nothing in the third or fourth seasons will resonate with you at all. LIthgow's performance in season 4 is pretty incredible but it's really what happens with the characters other than LIthgow that make that season arguably the best season of Dexter. It wouldn't be the worst use of your time, but you will probably just come out of it thinking "that was overrated."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in my opinion, it was overrated. So if you do go for it, temper your expectations.

      Delete