September 6, 2013

Poker Night at the Inventory


Poker Night at the Inventory was a throw-in game in the TellTale Games bundle I bought recently; it wasn't something I was going out of my way to play, but TellTale has been building up a reputation for themselves with updates to some old puzzle games as well as new video game franchises from popular works like HomeStar Runner, Penny Arcade, and The Walking Dead. The first Poker Night at the Inventory game (a sequel has since been released) is a pretty basic poker games, but also acts as sort of an all-star game of sorts, bringing back beloved characters from previous games- Max for Sam and Max, Strong-Bad from HomeStar, Tycho from Penny Arcade, and the Heavy from Team Fortress 2, who I'm pretty sure had nothing to do with Telltale Games in the first place. The actualy poker gameplay kinda sucks as it's fairly slow, so the whole reason to play through the game is to hear the funny characters bounce zingers off of eachother around the virtual poker table. And that's really it. It took a few games before I had cleared the table and was the last man standing, but by that point most of the characters were repeating dialog and I decided I had seen all I needed from Poker Night at the Inventory- decent enough as a toss-in game in a bundle, but nothing I'd suggest anyone go out of their way to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment