December 12, 2011

The Last of the Mohicans


Steve generally doesn’t steer me wrong when it comes to movies. Braveheart? Good. Star Wars? Good Back to the Future? Good. The Patriot? Good. So why was I so unwilling to watch Last of the Mohicans? I don’t know. But boy did I resist. Well, I finally watched it after having filled my stomach with Little Q Hot Pot. And you know what? It was good! (Surprise!) This movie is about the French and Indian War. It follows a duo of Mohicans accompanied by Daniel Day-Lewis, an adopted Mohican. First off, I thought Daniel Day-Lewis was Javiar Bardem for some reason. So, I don’t really know who he is. Who cares though? He’s the mean! These are peace loving Native Americans, and they don’t want to get involved in the war. They save a lady and her sister and accompany them back to a fort. Magua attacked them. I hate Magua. Like immediately. He was so hateable. Anywho, shockingly the man and the woman fall in love. There is also a bit of secret love on the side between the sister and Native American son. Crazy Magua attacks the woman and her sister because of a grudge against their father. He vows to kill them both. The end of this movie is so epic. I don’t even want to try to explain it. It ends with an epic dialogue-less scene, and boy did I cry. Those three Mohicans though? Definitely some of my all time favorite movie groups.

1 comment:

  1. When you refer to Daniel Day-Lewis as the mean, are you just trying to start a flame war? Dude is legitimately one of the greatest screen actors of all time! Sometimes I wonder about us.

    ReplyDelete