December 31, 2011

127 Hours

Ok, I know because I didn't see this movie when it came out, it was probably impossible for it to get spoiled. But I was still upset when the entire plotline of the movie was given away to me. So stop reading if you don't know what happens! SPOILERS!

Anywho, before even saying I wanted to go see this movie, everyone was all like "oh man, that's the movie James Franco cuts his hand off!" And I'm all like "well thanks buttholes, I didn't want to be surprised or anything,"

Anyway, I wasn't surprised. And the entire movie I was waiting for this guy to freaking cut his arm off. He leaves his Gatorade in the car. Big mistake! Didn't tell anyone where he was going. Big mistake! He meets two lovely ladies before falling and getting stuck. One of these ladies was from American Horror Story. I kinda figured they would come back and save him after realizing he never showed up to their party. But nope. This movie entirely focuses on him alone in a cavern with his arm pinned between the wall and a boulder. He slowly runs out of water. He starts going crazy. He records movies to his loved ones. (On that note: I thought it was the ultimate guilt trip when in his movie he was like "mom, you should have gotten me a more expensive pocket knife" ooo burn. That would really hurt if your son did die.) Anyways, he doesn't die. Like everyone already knew. He saws his arm off and MAN is that scene gross. It really only lasts like two minutes, and you're thinking "How is he going to get through the bone?!?" but you forget all of the tendons and muscles he has to snap as well. Man this is getting me all grossed out just thinking about it. After that he leaves and finds a family and gets medical attention. It really was heartwarming at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment