December 9, 2010

Rock Band 3


I don't need to waste my time or yours by giving a lengthy post about Rock Band 3. In short, it was just like all of the other Rock Band games out there except that this time you can play the keyboard. That's really cool, especially on "pro mode," which sort of teaches you how to actually play an actual piano. Pro mode also exists for guitar, bass, and drums, but on drums it only changes a few drum hits to cymbal hits. I've yet to play pro bass or pro guitar (and probably never will) because pro-mode-capable guitar controllers cost something like $150, and that just isn't a sum of money I'm willing to part with for an extra challenge. And that's kind of funny, because if you add up all the money I've spent on Rock Band games, controllers, and songs through the years, you're easily over $750 and possibly close to $1000. I'd rather not even think about that though. Anyway, Rock Band 3 definitely represents the best offering yet from the series and it was a marked improvement over Rock Band 2 (which was a slight improvement over Rock Band, which was a huge improvement over the Guitar Hero games; the music sim genre is evolving, and it's evolving fast). But I think at the end of the day (well, lifetime) I won't have logged nearly as many hours on Rock Band 3 as I did on previous games in the series. I've always had a love-hate relationship with these games (I mean, have I told you how much money I've poured into my relationship with them?) but at this point I think it's become much more of an apathy. I'll still play the game again, no doubt. But probably only if my friends demand it. Regardless, it's nice to be able to call this one beaten. Until now, I hadn't posted anything yet in December, and quite frankly, that just isn't right.

No comments:

Post a Comment